Mine, Design, Improve
Business processes aren’t neat and simple. They’re a tangled bundle of interacting touchpoints, dynamic data moving in different directions, redundant repetitions and diverging variants. But the Mavim approach makes sense of them. With our core philosophy: mine – design – improve.
Mining gets those processes out of departmental silos and into a data-driven model, with the route between initial state and final outcome mapped out in intuitive charts and diagrams in the applications you already know and love. Design uses that information as the basis for What-Ifs: where new processes make most difference and how they’re best introduced. While improve sets the scene for lower costs, greater profits, and smarter results by showing you the areas for efficiency savings and better resource utilization. Individually each is useful. Together they’re transformative.
What is Mavim Process Redesign?
With Mavim, your process model isn’t static and fixed; it’s dynamic. Copy and paste processes where you think they’d be useful; see the positive outcomes of streamlining variants into a single best way; push and pull interactions until each situation is optimized. And do it all in the applications you use today: Microsoft Office and Visio.
- Drag and Drop processes and other visualizations in familiar Visio
- Use built-in business logic to build processes without modeling smarts
- See visualizations in intuitive formats automatically
- Keep all process elements in a central repository based on your needs
- Share process diagrams with your stakeholders online with the iMprove portal
Visualize processes based on how you work
Great design is intuitive for both designer and audience. Any diagram should be easy to relate to reality, no explaining needed. Mavim lets you do it. Use templates pre-built for standard processes in a variety of industries; build that process map based on actual data in your IT infrastructure. It looks good– and you’ll look good doing it.
- Enjoy a broad canvas for accurate business modeling
- See processes as easy-to-understand diagrams
- Demonstrate how strategy and tactics fit together
- Take advantage of standard, pre-built process elements
- Benchmark your processes on standards like APQC
Accelerate time-to-insight by importing content
No transformation starts with a clean sheet. Many of your existing processes work fine, and those that don’t can work as the base for a new version. That’s why Mavim lets you import content from the applications and data in use today, including office productivity apps everyone knows already.
- Use Mavim’s status as a Microsoft Partner
- Draw data into Visio, Word, and Excel
- Connect to live systems with an API layer
- Import and export data in XML formats
Simulate processes based on input variables
You don’t want to see a chart; you want to see what happens. Mavim lets you simulate the effects of a process based on data – whatever data you want. Change input variables to check if a process is robust under stress; set fresh KPIs to manage things you haven’t measured yet. Simulate everything so you can roll out the changes that work.
- Analyze the processes you design before deploying them
- See what effect each change would have in the real world
- Understand how costs affect the big picture – and where the payoffs are
- See how each change affects your people, so you can gain buy-in